Big Idea: Generous Giving Generates Joy
1. God wants you to give cheerfully. (9:7)
- God wants your heart.
Jesus said, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21
- God wants you to experience joy.
“…remembering the words the Lord Jesus said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
- God wants you to give purposely/thoughtfully. (Intentional)
2. God wants you to reap the benefits of generosity. (9:6)
- In this life – God will “… enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.” (2 Corinthians 9:10-13)
- In the life to come (Heaven). Matthew 6:19-20
“You can’t take it with you, but you can send it on ahead.”
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” Matthew 6:19-20
Jesus said, “But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” Luke 14:13-14