What's coming up with the Compassion Center
No event found!
the vision for compassion
Reaching the Working Poor Through the Compassion of Christ
Jesus said, “my food is to do the will of him who sent me.” He said this to his disciples after sharing the gospel with the Samaritan woman at the well in the village of Sychar. Jesus understood that there is something nourishing to our souls and life-giving to our spirits when we make those personal connections with people to convey the love of Christ. The U.S. Dept. of Labor estimated that in the United States, 7.6 million working poor individuals in the labor force still fell below the poverty level. The goal of the Alderwood Compassion Center is to offer food and assistance to those working poor individuals and families throughout Edmonds, Lynnwood, and South Everett. Our hope is that we would provide the tools those individuals need to improve their lives. But the real impact is relationships that are established where you and I can communicate the hope we have through Christ.
- October 31 - demo began
- March 21 - Volunteer Orientation 9:00 AM to noon
- March 22 - Food Drive
- March 29 - Food Drive
- March 29 - Open House & Celebration
- April 14 - First night of the food program
* Check back later as this timeline continues to change.
What can you do?
Will you pray? Pray that we would grow in:
- Unity around our mission to spread the gospel.
- Awareness of the needs in our community.
- Compassion to meet those needs.
- Generosity to invest in the Compassion Center.
Give towards the Compassion Center.