following jesus togetherThrough this pandemic
Latest covid Updatesas of May 20, 2021
Changes that pertain to wearing masks in ACC's Sunday services
Alderwood Community Church has continued to be consistent with observing CDC and state guidelines over the last year and a half. Since the beginning, we also have sought wise counsel from medical professionals.
As the percentage of the population increases that are fully vaccinated, and the number of COVID-19 cases continues to go down, we are also able to make some adjustments to what we recommend for our worship services and other activities.
ACC’s Mask Recommendations in Phase 3 as of May 20th, 2021
- Those who follow the CDC’s recommendations for fully vaccinated people can stop wearing masks.
- Those not fully vaccinated are encouraged to continue to wear masks and social distance (at least 3 feet).
- All Alderwood Kids Ministry volunteers and staff will continue to wear masks on Sunday mornings. It is required that kids ages 5 years to 11 years continue to wear masks (it is recommended that kids age 2-4 wear masks too). This is because a COVID-19 vaccine is not yet available for that age group.
- People with fever or cold symptoms are encouraged not to attend ACC activities.
- Phase 3, starting immediately, includes 50% capacity for ACC activities and 3-feet, social distancing for non-family units.
- In the auditorium, the side wings and the balcony will continue to be a place reserved for extra social distance if you prefer.
- If you are outside, and 3 feet apart, you do not need to wear a mask.
- We will continue to maintain a clean facility with hand sanitizer stations, and by regularly cleaning surfaces and chairs.